As a working mom here in Singapore, I began experimenting with dishes wherein ingredients are not so expensive and easy to find. The most common seafood to buy here are shrimps and prawns. It’s cheap, almost close to the price back in the Philippines. I always cook buttered shrimp as a quick dinner fix. I tried to experiment on the plain buttered shrimp recipe and added a bit of sweet and tangy flavor to it. So here’s my recipe for Buttered Shrimp in Peach Sauce:
- - Shrimp or prawns peeled and de-veined
- - peaches, sliced into cubes
- - peach syrup
- - lemon/calamnsi juice
- - butter
- - salt
- - white pepper
- - cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a frying pan, satue the shrimp in butter.
- When half-way cooked, remove it from the pan.
- Put some more butter, then add in the peach syrup.
- Wait until the sauce thickens, then put back the shrimps.
- Pour the lemon/calamnsi juice.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste (I like it a little spicy so I add more pepper).
- Add the peace slices, and the chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.
© 2012, Bhing. All rights reserved.