My husband and I love sisig, specially pork sisig. That’s why I often cook and experiment on this dish. In fact, there are 5 pork sisig recipes in our food blog (http://fresha-licious.blogspot.com) But in this entry we won’t be talking about pork sisig. In this entry, we would like to share a healthier version of sisig – the tuna sisig.
My husband, though he likes pork sisig, he doesn’t want it to be too fatty and oily as much as possible. What can you expect with pork sisig, right? So when I cooked this tuna sisig for him – he fell in love with it :-) Actually, I never thought I’m going to like this dish because my concept of sisig is fatty pork, but I did. This tuna sisig tasted so good. It’s meat is succulent and flavourful, giving the dish a nice mouth feel and rich taste . It’s simply delicious and a lot healthier compared to pork sisig.
Our tuna sisig is easy to prepare and cook. And the most important thing is that it is deliciously healthy :-) It’s less than 250 calories per serving, and it is high in protein, and healthy fats. Like the pork counterpart of this dish, it can also be eaten along with your favorite alcoholic drinks.
- Tuna slices – 300 to 400 g.
- Garlic, crushed and chopped – 10 large cloves
- Fried Shallots – 2 tbsp
- Onion, chopped – 1 large bulb
- Red, hot chili pepper, chopped – 2 pcs or as desired
- Pepper, ground
- Black Pepper, ground
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Juice from 3 calamansi
- Vegetable oil- 1 tbsp
- Soy Sauce – 5 tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper
- Soak the tuna in the marinade mixture. Transfer it in a zip locked plastic bag and marinade it for at least over-night. I marinated our for more than 2 days.
- Before cooking the tuna, drain and pat it dry.
- Heat oil on a pan-griller and pan-grill tuna until it turns brown on each side. Sprinkle tuna with ground peppers while grilling.
- Flake the grilled tuna, remove any fish bones. Set aside. .
- In the same pan using the remaining oil from grilling the tuna, sauté the chili and garlic until the latter is roasted. Add the salt, then the fried shallots and flaked tuna, and stir.
- Season with the calamansi juice, and ground peppers.
If you are interest to cook pork sisig, we recommend our very own pork sisig recipes, just click on the titles below.
5. Pork Sisig
© 2012, fresha-licious. All rights reserved.