- 4 cups malagkit (sticky rice)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- Wash and drain sticky rice. Combine with sugar and water and cook in rice cooker. Once the switch turns to warm, add butter. Mix well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Spread the rice mixture in a greased baking pan/dish. Using a greased wooden spoon, smooth the rice mixture until the surface is even. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Pour over rice mixture. Increase oven temperature to 350F, and bake for another 15 minutes. Turn the broiler to low and continue cooking until the topping is all bubbly.
- Allow to cool down. Slice and serve.
© 2012, Tina a.k.a. PinayInTexas. All rights reserved.