- For Burger Patties:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Herbes De Provence
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- For Sauce:
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or canned button mushrooms (I used fresh and because my daughters love mushrooms, I always make it 2 cups)
- 1 *10.5oz can cream of mushroom sauce
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (If you are using Filipino soy sauce which is more salty, reduce the amount to 1 ½ Tbsp)
- ½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, egg, herbes de provence, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended. Divide into 6 equal portions (about 1/3 cup each) and flatten each into oval shape.
- Grill or fry (I prefer to grill it) for about 20 minutes or until cooked and both sides are brown. Transfer to a serving dish. Keep warm by wrapping with foil and set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onions and sliced mushrooms until mushrooms are cooked.
- Add mushroom sauce and milk. Simmer while stirring until well blended. Add soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste (for me, the saltiness from soy sauce was enough so I just added pepper). Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over burger patties and serve with steamed rice.
© 2012, Tina a.k.a. PinayInTexas. All rights reserved.