- 1 *3-oz. pack Lemon Flavored Jell-o
- 1 *3-oz. pack Blueberry Flavored Jell-o
- 1 *3-oz. pack Strawberry Flavored Jell-o
- 4 sachets Knox Unflavored Gelatine
- 1 *12oz.can evaporated milk
- 1 *7.6oz. can Nestle table cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sliced strawberries (optional)
- ½ cup blueberries (optional)
- 1 lemon, peeled and sliced (optional)
- This is optional. If you don't want to top your Cathedral Window with fresh fruits, proceed to step 2. In a small bowl, mix sliced strawberries and 2 Tbsp sugar. Do the same with the lemon slices (you're doing this to slightly cover the sour taste of both the lemon and strawberries). Set aside.
- Prepare each flavored jell-o according to package directions, i.e., add boiling water to gelatine mix; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved, stir in cold water and then refrigerate until firm.
- When firm enough, cut each flavored gelatine into cubes. Set aside and prepare the binder.
- Dissolve 4 envelopes of Knox Unflavored Gelatine in 1 cup cold water. Set aside. In a sauce pan over low heat, mix evaporated milk, table cream and sugar. Keep on stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add gelatine & water mixture. Stir until well combined. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to desired molds. Allow to cool down and slightly set before adding the cubed flavored gelatine. (If you add the cubed gelatine when the binder is still hot, they will sink to the bottom.) Stir gently for a well distributed color. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Garnish with sugared fresh fruits. (optional)
© 2012 – 2013, Tina a.k.a. PinayInTexas. All rights reserved.