Joey (my son): Mom make some Zucchini bread.
Me: I don’t think I ever made one yet.
Joey: Oh yeah, you haven’t but Nicci’s mom made some and it was good!
Me: Let me get the recipe and I’ll make it sometime.
Joey: You could make your own version mom. I think it’s like banana bread; just replace the bananas with Zucchini
That’s when an idea popped in my head. Since I didn’t have any zucchini in stock but had a bag of frozen grated ube (purple yam), then why not make ube bread instead.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup grated ube
- 1 cup milk
- For the streussel:
- 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven at 350 F.
- Grease pan with butter.
- Make the streusel by stirring together sugar, flour, and salt and cinnamon. With a pastry blender, cut butter until mixture is course.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add in salt and sugar.
- In another bowl place the grated purple yam. Pour in the milk and beat the eggs. Add the flour mixture little by little. Add vinegar and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a baking pan. Add the streusel on top of the ube bread.
- Bake for about 30 - 40 minutes. Let it cool.
Thank you foodipino.com. for posting my recipes. And to all the readers, thank you for stopping by. If you love the food that I share here, hop in to my food blog called Skip to Malou at www.skiptomalou.net. See you there!
© 2012, Malou @ Skip to Malou. All rights reserved.