Check it out and see for yourself how the simple Saba bananas can turn into a delightful snack…
- 5 pcs. Saba bananas, each cut into three bias slices
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 *12-oz. can evaporated milk
- ½ cup jackfruit, cut into strips
- 2 cups crushed ice
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add Saba bananas. Cover saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool down.
- Divide bananas and syrup into 4 individual serving bowls.
- Top each with ½ cup crushed ice. Pour about ¼ can of the evaporated milk onto the bananas. Top with jackfruit and serve.
© 2012, Tina a.k.a. PinayInTexas. All rights reserved.
You might also like:
Tagged: Banana, Childhood favorite, cooking tradition, filipino, Filipino food, Filipino Recipe, Filipino Tradition, merienda, Philippines, PinayInTexas Recipe, Pinoy Favorite, Saba Banana, Saba Con Yelo, Snack