Today we will be making some Broccoli and Golden Mushroom with Dried Shrimp’s a creation by yours truly. This dish is made out of broccoli florets mixed with some Golden Mushrooms, it is then flavoured with mixed Asian sauces and dried shrimps (hibe) the result is a good combination of different textures and flavours, just imagine the soft and earthy mushrooms, crunchy broccoli, salty crispy dried shrimps and the sweet and savoury sauce. Words can’t just explain it further so I just leave you to try it out and find out.
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1/4 cup dried shrimps (hibe)
1 bunch golden needle mushrooms
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup Chinese cooking wine
1/2 cup seafood stock
1 tbsp tapioca starch
1 tsp sesame oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1. In a pot add water and bring it to a boil, once boiling drop the broccoli and boil for 1 minute. Remove from pot, drain then run in cold water. Set it aside.
2. In a small bowl mix together oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, seafood stock and tapioca starch. Set it aside
3. In a wok add oil then sauté garlic and shallots.
4. Add dried shrimps and stir fry for a minute.
5. Add golden mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes.
6. Pour in the mixed sauce then bring it to a boil, once boiling add the broccoli and stir fry for 1 minute.
7. Add sesame oil then turn heat off, serve while hot.
© 2012, AngSarap. All rights reserved.