After finding the molds, I just couldn’t resist making these delicious treats! The ingredients are very simple and I have them all so there was really no reason not to make them. My daughters helped and we came up with three different flavors: Cookies ‘N Cream, Milo and Pinipig(rice flakes).
We were able to make 108 pieces…and guess what? They’re gone in no time! Well, my daughters really love polvoron and they are really excited with the thought that we can now make them instead of buying from the Asian store. :)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup instant non fat dry milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup finely ground Oreos (for easier grinding, I removed the cream first before putting the Oreos in the grinder/chopper)
- ¼ cup Milo
- ¼ cup crushed toasted pinipig
- In a big skillet or wok over medium heat, toast flour with constant stirring for about 15 minutes or until light brown. Remove from heat and transfer flour to a big bowl. Allow to completely cool down.
- Add the powdered milk and sugar and whisk until well combined. Add the softened butter and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 3 equal portions. Add Oreos (including the cream) in one portion, Milo in the other, and pinipig in the last portion. Mix well.
- Scoop mixture into the mold and compact it using a spatula or spoon. Be sure that the mold is filled to the rim without gaps. Release it into prepared paper. Wrap and twist both ends of the paper.
- Serve as dessert. Place leftover polvoron in an airtight container.
© 2012 – 2013, Tina a.k.a. PinayInTexas. All rights reserved.