My home made version of the famous Singaporean and Malaysian street food. Curry Laksa is a spicy and filling coconut milk based noodle dish with a curry soup base mixed with deboned chicken meat and fried tofu. I substitute Laksa leaves to wansoy.
- (Soup base)
- 2tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup thick Coconut milk
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- 5cups chicken stocks
- 2pcs fresh or dried red chili – finely chopped-adjust if you want too spicy
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1cup deboned-cubed chicken meat
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1pc. Onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup wansoy – finely chopped including stem
- Fried cubed tofu – dredge in flour and japanese bread crumb then deep fry – set aside as topping
- Onion leeks – thinly slice for garnishing
- Saute garlic and onion, add the chicken meat and wansoy. Add the soup base ingredients and continue stirring. Simmer to medium heat fire till boils. Pour on top of cooked spaghetti noodles or thick rice noodles or any of your favorite noodles. Top with fried tofu and garnish with onion leeks. You can add shrimp, clams for additional toppings.
© 2012, gem. All rights reserved.