I was online chatting with my cousin Ingrid who asked me what I want from the Philippines that she could send to me thru my other cousin Celia when she heads back to San Diego.
You pour it in a narrow plastic bag using a funnel or a tea pot. The narrow spout of a teapot is best. Then freeze it.
Then I mixed it with a milk mixture consist of condensed milk, water to dilute the condensed milk and french vanilla coffee mate.
- fruits in season (mango, corn, pineapple)
- 1 can condensed milk
- water to dilute
- 3 tbsp vanilla cream
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Using a pitcher, pour the mixture into ice candy bags
- Freeze for an hour or until it's firm.
- Mais Queso and Ube Macapuno Ice Candy(foodipino.com)
- 8-10 pcs chicken thighs and legs
- salt and pepper
- For the breading:
- 1/2 c cornstarch
- 1/2 c flour
- salt &;pepper
- 1 tbsp five spice *five spice is an acquired taste so try putting a minimum of 1tbsp first and add as you please.
- Marinate chicken with lemon and salt and pepper overnight or at least 30 minutes.
- Fill a large skillet (cast iron is best) about half full with vegetable oil. Heat until VERY hot..
- Meanwhile, roll the chicken pieces into the breading.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Drop 5-6 pieces into the hot oil.
- Make sure there's enough space to stir the chicken.
- Deep fry it until golden brown.
- Drain the fried chicken.
- It should be crispy goden brown.
Thank you foodipino.com. for posting my recipes. And to all the readers, thank you for stopping by. You could find more of my recipes at my blog Skip to Malou or let’s be friends on Facebook and Twitter!
© 2012, Malou @ Skip to Malou. All rights reserved.