Potatoes. They are one of the most sought vegetables in Philippines, because of the mash, chewy and ube-like texture, it’s well loved not just by adults, but kids as well. These are use in wide variety of cooking here in the Philippines. Whenever my mom cooks nilaga, she always include them and she’s makes it plenty as she knows my nieces, me, and youngest sister will definitely chow ’em on.
How about a dessert that is like a cake, but is made from potato? Not all kids love potato and this is the time to deceive them.
- 5 pieces medium potato, peeled, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 spoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 spoon butter
- 1 spoon flour
- Boil the poato into 1 cup of water until cook.
- Drain well and add butter while mashing. (It's ok if there are lumps, this will create chewy bit for the finished product.)
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a pan and put the mixture.
- Steam for 45 minutes.
Thank you Foodipino for allowing me to share this recipe of mine, and to everyone for taking time to read. For more recipes, restaurant review and many more posts related to foods and cooking, just visit my blog entitled Food Citations.
© 2012, Olbizz. All rights reserved.