After enjoying the taste of Fresh Pesto Pasta With Garlic Bread, I made another one but this time I added tomatoes. I have read that basil and tomatoes are perfect together so I gave it a try. After tasting this recipe, I have concluded that basil is really perfect with tomatoes. Similar substitutions are also used in this recipe just like my first pesto pasta namely: vegetable oil for olive oil; cheddar for Parmesan cheese; and peanuts for pine nuts. These substitute ingredients are much easier to find but if you really want it to taste the authentic Italian way, might as well use the original ingredients. I hope you also try my recipe and I hope you’ll enjoy it too. Here’s my recipe and please let me know what you think about it.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- Cheddar cheese
- 200g pasta
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- Cook pasta according to package directions until Al dente.
- Chop fresh basil, peanuts, and garlic. If you have food processor the better.
- Saute diced tomatoes, basil, peanuts, and garlic in oil.
- Toss in pasta.
- Add desired amounts of vegetable oil and cheddar cheese.
- Serve and enjoy.
© 2012, Ryan Lagunzad. All rights reserved.