Hototay soup, as we all know, is a traditional Chinese soup. A typical Pork Hototay soup is a mixture of pork, pork liver, vegetables, spices and egg (optional).
With this recipe, you don’t have to go to a certain Chinese restaurant to enjoy a full flavored hototay soup. You can make a good pork hototay dish by following the below recipe.
Pork Hototay Soup Ingredients:
– cooking oil
– pork tenderloin, cut into strips
– pork liver, cut thinly
– garlic, chopped
– onions, cut into strips
– green onions, chopped
– Chinese cabbage, cut
– Shiitake mushrooms, optional but preferred (It adds flavor to the dish)
– carrots, julienne-d
– eggs, optional
– fish sauce
– hot water
– pork broth (can be bought from the store)
– oyster sauce or mushroom sauce
Pork Hototay Soup Cooking Instruction:
1. Pour cooking oil in a very hot pan.
2. Saute’ the garlic together with the pork. Stir well.
3. When the pork is cooked, season with fish sauce and pepper. Add the onions.
4. When the onions are tender, add the carrots and the mushrooms. Stir well.
5. Add in the pork liver. Stir well.
6. Add the hot water, pork broth and let it boil.
7. Season with oyster or mushroom sauce, fish sauce and pepper.
8. Let it boil under low-medium heat to tenderize the pork.
9. Add the Chinese cabbage and spring onions when you are ready to serve.
10. Add egg after turning the heat off. Stir well.
© 2012, Ron Leyba. All rights reserved.