Here is a quick, easy and low calorie dish or recipe that will surely captivate your taste bud. This tomatoes and broccoli stir-fried recipe can be done as quick as 20 minutes.
This is a perfect flavorful dish for those people who are watching their weights since this kind of dish is low on saturated fats, high in nutrients and great source of energy.
Without further ado, here is the recipe.
– tomatoes, cut in 8 halves (small size but not diced)
– garlic, crushed and chopped
– onions, cut in small sizes
– broccoli (florets and stem), cut in bite-sizes
– fish sauce
– oyster sauce
– Chinese cooking wine (optional)
– powdered black pepper
– cooking oil
1. Put oil in a very hot pan.
2. Saute’ garlic until it turns golden.
3. Add in the onions. Stir well.
4. When the onions soften, add the tomatoes. Stir well.
5. Let the tomatoes release its juice by lowering heat and covering the pan.
6. Allow the dish to cook for 3-5 minutes.
7. Add the broccoli. Stir well.
8. Season the dish with fish sauce, a bit of oyster sauce and pepper.
9. Cover the dish to hasten the cooking of the broccoli.
10. When the broccoli changes to a more vibrant green, you know that the dish is ready. If you want a softer veggie, allow for it a few more minutes to cook.
11. Put the Chinese cooking wine last. (Half a teaspoon will do.)
Your done! Tomatoes and Broccoli Stir-fried is best served while its hot with a fried dish.
This Tomatoes and Broccoli Stir-fried recipe is cross-posted at www.CookingLikeAPro.Net – home of quick and easy recipes. Verbal and written permissions from the chef/cook are acquired upon posting this recipe.
© 2013, Ron Leyba. All rights reserved.