Last Christmas, I’m stuck thinking of what gift to give to my workmates. I wanted to give something special but my budget is not that big. Then, I realized that giving something special does not only mean that the gift needs to be expensive. Most of the time, personalized, handmade or homemade gifts are treasured most than store bought. That’s when I decided to bake chocolate crinkles.
I decided to place these bake goodies in a clear plastic bowl then place Christmas tag on top. But my wife wanted it to look presentable so she wrapped it up in clear plastic and tie a ribbon on top. It really looks presentable and special thanks to her.
My workmates love this recipe so I’m pretty sure that you will love them too. You can give this as a gift not only for Christmas but also on different occasions. Just be creative in wrapping the chocolate crinkles to make it even more special. It’s also a perfect snack; your kids will love them just like my daughter. So here’s my chocolate crinkles recipe. Tell me what you think.
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 pcs Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Mix cocoa powder, sugar and oil in a bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time then add vanilla extract.
- Mix all purpose flour, baking powder and salt in separate bowl.
- Mix flour mixture into cocoa mixture gradually until just combined.
- Pre-heat oven in 350 F. Grease baking sheet with oil and dust with flour.
- Form dough into small ball and roll in powdered sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then transfer into cooling racks.
- Serve and enjoy!
© 2013, Ryan Lagunzad. All rights reserved.