If you got left over lechon at home, for sure you wanted to cook it into another version. Here in the Philippines. the very common and most popular left over lechon recipe is the lechon paksiw.
Lechon Paksiw is a way of cooking lechon (left-over ones) in vinegar with a sweet kick of thick pork sauce. Check out below the easy and quick recipe of cooking lechon paksiw like a pro.
– left-over lechon, cut or chopped
– thick pork sauce or barbeque sauce (Mang Tomas sarsa in bottle will do)
– garlic, chopped
– onions, chopped
– whole pepper corns
– dried bay leaves
– hot water
– salt and pepper, to taste
– cooking oil
How To Cook Lechon Paksiw:
1. Saute’ garlic and onions together in a pan.
2. Season the dish with a bit of salt.
3. When the onions turn soft, add in the meats.
4. Cover the pan to allow the flavors to blend.
5. Add water and season the dish with salt and pepper.
6. When the pork softens, add Mang Tomas or your barbeque sauce.
7. Add vinegar, whole pepper corns and dried bay leave.
8. Cover once more and bring the dish to a boil under low-med heat.
9. Adjust the taste with salt and/or vinegar according to your preference.
10. Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
© 2013, Ron Leyba. All rights reserved.