I started baking when I was in high school (late 90’s) and trying things new!So i want to share some of the goodies I know. When I tried baking this the first time, I admit I failed because the temperature wasn’t right (a li’l high) and turned out dry. I am kindaaa…… perfectionist when it comes to this so I am making sure that it is moist and soft and luscious!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup milk (in baking, still love using evaporated milk instead of regular milk)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300* F. Butter 2 of your 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
- Cream the sugar, whipped cream cheese (this is lighter and easier to use than regular cream cheese), and butter in a large mixing bowl (medium speed) until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour half of the batter into each prepared pans and bake it for 60min or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool before slicing. Enjoy!
- Note: you can always add your favorite nuts on top before baking.
© 2013, fromthecityofbluegrass. All rights reserved.