Fish wonton, the way it is prepared and cook is very similar to its pork counterpart. Fish Wonton (Dumplings) is best made with left-over fish that is either fried or steamed. So if you have leftover fish at home, don’t throw it away unless its spoiled or not suitable to eat, instead, create a new dish out of it. Try this fish wonton recipe and for sure you will surely love it.
Fish Wonton Ingredients:
– garlic, chopped
– onions, chopped
– beans, minced
– carrots, diced or cut thinly
– cabbage, cut thinly
– Chinese celery, chopped
– left-over fish, minced into bits
– shrimps, diced (optional)
– Shiitake mushrooms, chopped or cut thinly (optional)
– fish sauce
– soy sauce
– salt and pepper
– pickle relish
– whole egg or egg whites
– wonton skin
How To Make Fish Wonton (Dumplings) Like A Pro:
1. Mix thoroughly the following ingredients in a bowl.
- Chinese celery
- egg or egg whites only
2. Season the mixture with the following:
- fish sauce
- a bit of soy sauce
- pickle relish
- salt and pepper
3. Taste the mixture if it’s according to your palate and adjust if necessary.
4. To make the wonton, follow the guidelines below.
a. Place a small chunk of fish wonton mix at the center of the wonton skin.
b. Fold 2 opposite sides towards the center. Seal with water.
c. Do the same for the other opposite sides.
d. Repeat until all the mix are wrapped.
5. Fry or steam the fish wonton as desired.
NOTE: You can put the fish wonton pieces in the fridge for future meals.
© 2013, Ron Leyba. All rights reserved.