This gooeylicious goodie will satisfy your sweet tooth. I’ve been looking for the recipe and tried but it came out not satisfying and I know what’s wrong in it. so i decided to improvised the recipe so it would be moist and gooey.
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups instant oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (preferably unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or whatever type of nuts you prefer
- Preheat the oven to 320*F
- Bowl 1)
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Bowl 2)
- In your Mixer bowl. cream the butter and sugar at a medium speed
- Add the eggs gradually until it's mixed together. Add the flour mixture carefully to your butter mixture and stop the mixer when it's all smooth.
- Add the oatmeal by folding them in together using a spatula.
- For the cocoa mixture:
- In a small pan, mix the condensed milk and cocoa.
- Cook at low heat while continuously stirring just until it comes to a boil. Add the butter and remove the pan from the heat. Then add your preferred chopped nuts.
- Use 9x13 inch pan. Line it with wax paper, otherwise, spray or brush it with butter as an alternative.
- Pour 2/3 of the oatmeal batter in the baking pan and flatten it using your spatula. Make sure that the entire bed of the pan is covered with the batter. Then pour all your cocoa mixture as the second layer.
- When putting the remaining oatmeal batter, the easiest way would be using a spoon and just put a spoonful on your palm and flatten it. Put it on top until you used all the remaining batter on top of your cocoa mixture.
- You can sprinkle more chopped nuts on top of it. Place the pan in the center of the oven and let it bake for 35 minutes, let it cool before slicing.
Cooking the cocoa mixture before baking is the best way to make your chantilly bars gooey!
© 2013, fromthecityofbluegrass. All rights reserved.