Beef tapa is a popular Filipino dish (most likely borrowed from Spain) that is usually served during breakfast with fried rice, egg, acahara or grated picked papaya. It has a sweet-salty-spicy flavor and is a great way to start the morning, with choice of coffee or tea.
- 1 lb grams beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lime or calamansi juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a bowl, combine beef and marinade. Mix thoroughly, cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a pan, pour water and bring to boil.
- Add marinated beef and cooking oil, cook until water evaporates and beef color turns dark brown and tender.
- Serve on top of fried rice and fried egg.
© 2013, admin. All rights reserved.