Ginataang munggo is a Filipino dish where toasted mung beans (munggo) and sticky rice are cooked in coconut milk, adding evaporated milk sugar. Ginataang Munggo is usually eaten as dessert or a snack during the afternoon. It is best served warm.
- 1/2 cup Mung beans
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup white sugar (or to taste)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sticky rice, washed (malagkit)
- Toast the Mung beans in a pan until brown.(low heat)
- Turn-off heat, let the mung beans cool.
- Crack the toasted mung beans
- Boil sticky rice in cooking pot (under medium heat)
- Add the toasted Mung beans, sugar, coconut milk while stirring. Cook in low heat for 15 to 18 minutes stirring occasionally, until the coconut milk is almost absorbed.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate. Top with evaporated milk..
© 2013, admin. All rights reserved.