Original posted in : http://kusinapilipino.com
Here’s a favorite, my kids love it and of course me too. I often cook this for Sunday’s dinner. I’ve devised my own version of this tasty pulutan. This is a different and easy way to make Sisig. Instead of the usual grilled tainga ng baboy and laman-loob, we will use deep fried liempo.
- 1k liempo
- 1/4kg chicken liver
- 3-4 medium sized onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 pcs kalamansi
- baking soda
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 pcs. siling labuyo
- 2 pcs. eggs
- salt to taste, will also use it when boiling the liempo
- pepper to taste, will also use it when boiling the liempo
- cooking oil
Pakuluan ang liempo, together with some calamansi juice, pepper, salt, crushed garlic, and a teaspoon of baking soda (this will make the skin crunchy and gives the liempo a radiant color). Let it boil for 45-60min in low to medium heat. Drain the liempo and leave in room temperature making sure it gets dry, best if you hang it but make sure no rodents and insects crawl in your liempo.
After at least 6 hours, deep fry the liempo make sure its well covered with oil. Flip it accordingly until you achieve a crispy exterior, do this in high heat to fasten the process. That will help the liempo retain its juices inside and wont get dry. Cut the liempo into small tidbits, set aside.
Saute half of the onions sliced into strips, crushed garlic in 2 tablespoons cooking oil until onions are translucent and garlic is golden brown. Add chicken liver cut into small strips. Stir frequently and crush the liver as it cooks, add your liempo tidbits and soy sauce. Let it simmer for 5minuntes. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
Heat your hot plate and serve the sisig, Add the remaining onions, sili, and egg (it should be straight from the shell, the heat from the hot plate is enough to cook it). Best with hot sauce, a lot of calamansi and onions. Enjoy!
- Don’t over do the baking soda, it can make your dish bitter.
- make sure your liempo is dry before frying it, you can use paper towels to remove excess water
- let the liempo in room temperature at least 6 hours
- use scissors when cutting the liempo to tidbits, its a lot easier than knife
- you can use mayonnaise in exchange with the eggs
- you can saute the sili along with the onions and garlic but you might not be able to control the heat from the sili
- feel free to add/remove/change any of the ingredients. the main goal is you satisfy your craving
© 2013, kusinapilipino. All rights reserved.