Kutsinta is a type of rice cake that uses lye water as an ingredient. Because of the lye water, the result is a sticky and chewy cake that is best served with grated coconut on top.
This recipe requires minimal effort and easy to follow. If you’re thinking of making something for an afternoon snack, this is a good recipe worth trying.
- 1/2 Glutinous Rice Flour
- 1/2 c Rice Flour
- 2 tsp Lye Water (Lihiya)
- 3/4 c Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 c Water
- 1 drop Red Liquid food grade color
- Cooking Oil (to brush on muffin pan)
- Grated Coconut
- Equipment needed: Mixing bowl, strainer, steamer.
- Combine the rice flour, glutinous rice flour and brown sugar.
- Mix water in gradually. Add the lye water.
- Strain to remove lumps. Add the food color.
- Brush the muffin pans with oil and fill halfway with mixture.
- Steam for 40-60 minutes or until the top is set when touched.
- Serve with a side of grated coconut.
It is important to oil the muffin pans to easily remove the cakes from the pan.
Adjust the proportion of Rice flour and Glutinous Rice flour according to your preference, if you want more sticky, do 3/4 c glutinous and 1/4 regular rice flour, and vice versa.
© 2013, admin. All rights reserved.