Biko is a sweet rice delicacy that’s traditionally served on special holidays. The main ingredients are glutinous or sticky rice, coconut milk and brown sugar.
- 3 cups glutinous rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lightly toasted coconut flakes, sweetened
- In a large non-stick pot or pan, combine the glutinous rice, water, brown sugar, white sugar, coconut milk and salt.
- Turn on medium heat and stir the mixture continually until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is soft and fully cooked.
- Transfer the rice mixture to a flat rectangular baking dish. Use a pancake turner or spoon to flatten and smooth the top.
- Let cool until the rice mixture firms up.
- Slice into serving pieces and serve topped with coconut flakes.
© 2013, admin. All rights reserved.
You might also like: