We usually cook mussels by boiling it with onion and ginger (mussels soup). Adobong tahong is an alternative way to cook mussels. This recipe was contributed by my wife. She also wanted to make something for this blog that’s why she made this one. Isn’t she supportive? Actually, this is my first time to taste this one because we usually eat mussels soup or baked mussels. I was surprised because it tastes really good. I thought adobo is just for chicken or pork. I never really thought it could be cooked this way. Anyway, here’s the recipe. Check it out.
- 1/2 kilo mussels
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, cut in strips
- 1 cup mussels broth
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1. Wash and remove the beard of mussels.
- 2. Boil mussels in a pan until the shells open. Set aside the broth.
- 3. Remove the meat of the mussels from the shell.
- 4. Heat vegetable oil in a pan and saute onion, garlic and ginger.
- 5. Add in mussels, vinegar and soy sauce.
- 6. Add in mussels broth and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until almost all liquid is gone.
- 7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8. Serve and enjoy!
© 2012, Ryan Lagunzad. All rights reserved.