If you have been following and regularly visiting the CookingLikeAPro.Net website, you will notice that lots of its recipes includes munggo, ginger and spinach. Not because it’s the ingredient that is quite easy to get aside from being affordable, but because it’s quite nutritious and delicious too.
Today, I will share with you a good dish that is cooked mainly with munggo and ginger. It’s quite flavorful and the aroma of this food is just so heavenly. So without further ado, here is the complete ingredients along with the easy to follow cooking instruction on how to cook munggo with ginger soup like a pro.
– garlic, crushed and chopped
– ginger, crushed and chopped
– onions, chopped
– tomatoes, chopped not diced
– mung beans, boiled to softness
– shrimps or pork, cut into small sizes
– fish sauce
– black pepper
– long green chili (siling haba)
How To Cook Munggo With Ginger Like A Pro:
1. Boil the mung beans to softness for 30-45 minutes under medium-high heat.
2. Set the cooked beans aside without draining. We’ll use this broth for our soup.
3. Put oil unto a hot deep pan.
4. Saute’ the garlic until golden brown.
5. Saute’ the ginger with the garlic.
6. Add in the shrimps or pork into the pan. Stir well.
7. Season the dish with fish sauce and a bit of pepper.
8. When the proteins are cooked, add the onions. Stir well
9. When the onions soften, add the tomatoes. Stir well. TIP: Crush the tomatoes while stirring. It will add a stronger flavor into the dish.
10. Cover the pan. Lower the heat; and allow the dish to simmer.
11. Slowly the add mung beans and its broth into the dish.
12. Let it boil so the flavors come together.
13. Once it boils, adjust the taste to your preference. Add ginger or fish sauce as desired. I usually add some more ginger at this point to give the soup a strong kick.
14. Let the dish boil once more after seasoning.
15. Add the spinach.
16. Let the dish simmer until the spinach cooks.
17. Make the final adjustments at this point.
18. Turn off the heat and put the long green chili on top.
19. Do not stir.
20. Cover the pan and remove it from the stove.
This munggo with ginger soup dish is best served with steamed rice along side with fried fish. Enjoy!
© 2013, Ron Leyba. All rights reserved.