Crispy Tadyang ng Baka or Crispy Beef Ribs is type of Filipino pulutan (beer match), it is made out of twice cooked beef ribs first boiled in an adobo sauce then deep fried. It can be enjoyed as an appetizer or even with rice, nice and easy dish which is best when served with spicy vinegar.
1 kg beef spareribs, sliced into riblets
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 whole garlic, crushed
2 pcs star anise
3 pcs bay leaf
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp peppercorns
3 cups water
Ingredients (Vinegar Dip)
1 cup vinegar
3 birds eye chillies, chopped with seeds
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp sugar
freshly ground black pepper
1. Place ribs in a pot and add enough water to cover the beef, bring it to a boil and let the scum rise. Turn the heat off, drain the liquid out and rinse beef with running tap water.
2. Place beef back into the pot together with all of the ingredients except the oil. Bring it to a boil, simmer and cook for 1 1/2 hrs. or until tender.
3. Separate beef from liquid and let it cool. Once cooled down place it on paper towel lined plate to absorb excess liquid, replace paper towel if needed then place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hrs.
4. Prepare a deep fryer or wok filled with oil, heat it up and deep fry pork ribs until crispy.
5. Drain the ribs and place in a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
6. Prepare dip by mixing all vinegar dip ingredients, then serve with crispy ribs.
© 2013, AngSarap. All rights reserved.