Purple yam or Ube is one of my favorite flavors when it comes to Filipino desserts, and many of these desserts are baked goods like cakes, and breads. Well, as many of you know, I am still learning how to bake, but I’m getting there. That means we are going to have to settle for the opposite side of the aisle which is making ice cream plus we are getting this weird hot weather lately, so ice cream would be good. Okay, okay I’m working really hard here trying to justify my continued baking disability.
This was also my post at MJ’s Kitchen. My friend MJ invited me to guest post at her beautiful site when she literally renovated her kitchen last year. Well, I hope you enjoy this simple, fun, and delicious recipe.
- 1 cup purple yam jam (Ube)
- 1 cup coconut sports preserved (macapuno)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk or to taste
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place heavy cream, whole milk, condensed milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Cover and set aside in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- Chill the jars of purple yam, and coconut sports in the fridge before using.
- Pour the ice cream ingredients in the ice cream maker * except the purple yam jam, and coconut sports.
- While the ingredients are churning, add the purple yam jam one teaspoon at a time.
- Add the coconut sports, one teaspoon at a time.
- Let the mixture churn for about 15 minutes.
- Taste and add more condensed milk if not sweet enough.
- Transfer ice cream in a freezer safe bowl.
- Place in the freezer for about 2 hours to chill more.
Note: * Please refer to your ice cream maker’s instructions on how to use.
© 2013, wokwithray. All rights reserved.