This is a recipe for making the traditional Filipino Ice Scramble or Iskrambol.
Iskrambol started to become popular as a street food in Manila during the 1970s. It has now made its way to Scramble shops in Malls and other locations around the Philippines. The original “Iskramble” came in pink color and did not have any toppings. However, as it evolved, people have become creative and added the many different optional items to it.
- 1 medium can, milk – evaporated
- ½ teaspoon, Banana or vanilla extract; or adjust according to taste
- A few drops of food coloring – preferably pink or a few drops of red
- 3 cups, shaved ice
- 3 tbsp powdered milk
- Chocolate syrup (topping)
- Marshmallows (topping) – optional
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- In a bowl, add in evaporated milk, extracts, and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in shaved ice. Mix thoroughly again (Note:You may choose to use a blender)
- Pour mixture into small-sized cups.
- Top the mixture with chocolate syrup, powdered milk and/or marshmallows.
- Serve immediately with a straw or spoon.
© 2013, admin. All rights reserved.